Search This Blog

Sunday, 2 September 2012

Travels

Time seems to pass very quickly in Blogland. I can't believe it's been so long since my past post. Oooops!

So back in July, Tim invited me to go with him to Northampton to visit his family - and also have one day in London.

First stop in London just has to be the British Museum.

I could sit and look at this roof - and also people-watch - all day!

These tiny figures in the Egyptian department, amaze me every time I see them.

He always makes me sad.

We went to Covent Garden, but unfortunately on a day when it was clothes being sold, rather than interesting knick-knacks etc.

After a quick trip to Leicester Square and Picadilly Circus, we headed off to Buckingham Palace and took the obilgatory tourist pics .....

...... before going to the Queen's Gallery to see the 'Leonardo - Anatomist' exhibition.

It was quite breathtaking to be looking at his actual drawings and texts. Not copies - but the real thing! Amazing!

From outside Buckingham Palace, we could see the London Eye and the newly-completed Shard.

From there, we made our way to Greenwich to see the beautiful Cutty Sark.

Me, standing directly underneath the keel!

Next it was off to Trafalgar Square .....

.... where Tim took my picture beside the Olympic Countdown Clock!

We also walked the entire length of Oxford Street, then down the side of Hyde Park, before it was time to catch the train back to Northampton. More of which later!

I absolutely LOVE visiting London! :-)

x

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Looks like a wonderful time. It would be so fun to visit there someday!