Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, 5 January 2013

An Old Year/New Year Catch-Up

So that's 2012 over and 2013 is here.

The Mayan prediction of the apocalypse didn't happen, But were we really surprised? The weather was awful for most of the year, here in the north-east of Scotland .... apart from an amazing, but too short, heatwave back in April!

Here are a few random photographs from the end of last year and the very beginning of this one.

.

A huge storm battered the NE coast, with Fraserburgh (or The Broch, to give it its local name) taking a real battering. I took this shot of a massive wave hitting the lighthouse at the end of our breakwater, just as the sun was setting.

.

The storm caused considerable damage to the lighthouse and the parapet wall around it. Everyone hopes it will be repairable.

.

The tips of the massive waves are just caught by the last dregs of sunlight.

.

Tim and I visited the ruins of Huntly Castle (one of my favourites!).

.

Afterwards, we visited the Last Bus Cafe, for a bite to eat from their delicious vegan menu.

Inside, a little train had this sign on it! lol

.

We've had some beautifully frosty mornings.

.

The Broch's new swimming pool and community centre is really taking shape now. Everyone is delighted that the old 1960's stylised seagull sculpture (that used to be outside the old pool) has been cleaned, repainted and relocated to its new postion outside the new pool.

.

Got a new pak for the Hipstamtic app on my iPhone. Have to say, it's a REAL corker of a pak. Definitely my favourite so far!

.

Then, Christmas came. Here's my front door wreath.

.

A group of light-up snowmen.

.

Table all set for Christmas dinner.

.

I sewed myself a lovely old-fashioned apron to wear over my dress, to protect it while I cooked.

.

Underneath the apron and the posh frock ...... a pair of cosy slipper boots!

.

Into my Crimbo PJ's after everyone had gone.

.

Reading my book of scary vintage photographs of children in Hallowe'en costumes, from Kerry and Simon, while holding my amazing Freakasaurus Rex doll, from Jodie and Grahame!

.

Met Tim in Aberdeen and we went to Slains Castle pub for lunch. I caught this on camera while we were there!!

.

Hogmanay, and I went to Kerry and Simon's to see the New Year in. Kerry and Saffron were feeling a bit camera-shy!

.

I have people out here on the evening of the 1st Jan. I made a lovely punch .......

.

...... which proved very popular!

.

On the 2nd, we went to my sister and brother-in-law's house, where we played Just Dance 4 on the Wii - and also sang on the Karaoke machine!

.

Phew, that was a long post!

Happy New Year to one and all! :-)

x

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Happy New Year to you! Looking forward to what you'll blog for 2013. :)